Oaktree Networking is the brainchild of Claire Robinson, an avid networker and previous owner of successful company MK Flyers, which produced and developed yourlocalflyer, the local, monthly advertising directory. Four versions of the directory are still delivered to over 40,000 homes in the Milton Keynes area. There is also an online version of the directory, along with a business-to-business version, which is delivered to around 5,000 business addresses in Milton Keynes.
Claire has been actively networking since 2005 and has found it to be invaluable to her business. Oaktree Networking benefits from Claire's extensive networking experience and combines all the strengths of the groups of which Claire has been a member. She has aimed to create a networking group that is affordable, fun and highly effective for its members. As a result, at Oaktree meetings you'll always have plenty of time to talk to everyone in the room, enabling you to maximise every opportunity to build new business relationships. Our meeting format allows for multiple representatives from all industry sectors, so you'll never be prevented from joining just because an existing member is in a similar field.
What makes us so unique?
- Our groups are open to men and women
- There are no closed categories, so you will also have the chance to meet your peers within your own field, allowing for collaboration and partnership opportunities.
- There will only be one group per town to ensure we maximise the potential success of the network and numbers of members within each group.
- Non-members are welcome to attend our meetings as visitors, and there's no immediate pressure to commit until you're sure that Oaktree is the right network for you.
- Our convenient lunch-time meetings are less likely to encroach upon your working day, and lunch is buffet-style, giving you even more opportunities to circulate and network.
- The atmosphere at an Oaktree Networking meeting is always friendly and informal, with plenty of time allocated to get to know your fellow members. So you needn't worry if you've never been to a networking meeting before as you'll be guaranteed a warm welcome.
- As an Oaktree member, you'll receive tips, advice and training on how to get the most out of networking, ensuring that each meeting will be time and money well spent.
- We will make regular donations to each group's chosen charity.
So why not give us a try? Click on our events page to find details of your next local meeting.